Ceating KDE-Service Menus

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
LittleKI
Authentication code: 6789

Ceating KDE-Service Menus

Post by LittleKI »

Hi,

i want to create 2 KDE-Service Menus. One to converting Images into PDF and one to extract the Image of a PDF File to uncompressed TIF Files. The command line for teh first is:

Code: Select all

convert %F F-new.pdf
when i use this to convert one file, it creates a odf fuile with one page - ok. but when i use it to convert 2 or more files the pdf has more pages then input images. lets say i have 2 images (001.jpg and 002.jpg). in the pdf i have 3 pages (001.jpg - 002.jpg and 001.jpg again). the same with 3 input pages: 001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 001.jpg 002.jpg. here i have 5 and not 3 pages. whats wrong with that?

the second:

with

convert -format tif input.pdf output.tif
i get a multi-image tiff. but i want to extract every page of the pdf file to an individual if file. with

convert -format tif input.pdf output
the output isn't tif, its png.

LittleKI
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Ceating KDE-Service Menus

Post by snibgo »

What version of IM? What platform? (I guess Windows.)

In "convert %F F-new.pdf", what is the value of %F?

To get separate tif output files from multiple inputs, use "+adjoin". See http://www.imagemagick.org/script/comma ... php#adjoin
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
LittleKI
Authentication code: 6789

Re: Ceating KDE-Service Menus

Post by LittleKI »

its imagemagick 6.8.9.9 and i use kubuntu.

%F imports one or more files/folders.

works with adjoin, but the tiff files i've created with convert are smaller than the files i extracted with the windows tool pdf xchange view. i used this command line:

convert -format tiff -compress none input.pdf %d-output.tiff