Convert command runs very much slower in version 7 than version 6

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Remco
Authentication code: 1152

Convert command runs very much slower in version 7 than version 6

Post by Remco »

Batch converting images to pdf runs much slower in version 7 on Windows 10. I've tried several things to increase speed without any positive results.
I have tried magick.exe instead of convert.exe and I've tried several parameters like -limit disk, -limit map, -limit memory, -limit area etc. All without any positive result unfortunately. Version 7 runs about 60% to 70% slower than for example version 6.9.8-10-Q16. Has anyone any idea what the issue could be in version 7?

The command is very easy like: Convert.exe -adjoin "C:\Temp\source.jpg" pdf:"C:\Temp\dest.pdf"

snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Convert command runs very much slower in version 7 than version 6

Post by snibgo »

For v7, I suggest you use "magick", not "convert".

What is the text output from "magick -version"? I suspect you have HDRI, which stores and processes pixels as floating-point. You don't need that, so re-build or download a version without HDRI. You don't need Q16, and a Q8 version is probably faster.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com