Unable to open module file

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Ryan Nutt

Unable to open module file

Post by Ryan Nutt »

I'm using convert to convert images in a web app to grayscale & sepia, working as a src for an img tag. It works on Linux running IM 6.2.2. But I've got a problem with my WinXP server.

It only affects thumbnail images which are 100x100px at the most. And only when they are loaded as a src in an img tag. If I load the php script directly it seems to work without a problem. But loading either the grayscale or sepia thumbnails, which call to convert to make a cache file, causes Apache to crash. And I'm getting the following errors in the Apache error log.

Code: Select all

convert.exe: unable to open module file `C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.2.8-Q16\modules\coders\IM_MOD_RL_BW_.dll': No such file or directory.

convert.exe: unable to open module file `C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.2.8-Q16\modules\coders\IM_MOD_RL_SEPIA_.dll': No such file or directory.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.