Trouble installing MagickWand on OS X Yosemite

MagickWand for PHP is an object-oriented PHP interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning MagickWand for PHP.
drummer54
Authentication code: 6789

Trouble installing MagickWand on OS X Yosemite

Post by drummer54 »

I'm totally new to ImageMagick and MagickWand and a relative novice at PHP, so bear with my ignorance. I installed Imagemagick using MacPorts and am trying to get the MagickWand extension installed but am having problems. The install file indicated to copy the downloaded code to the PHP source folder's ext folder. I don't have an ext folder and am not sure where the source folder is. I tried copying the MagickWand folder to usr/local/php5 and ran the phpize command but the next command,rm ./configure, fails with rm: ./configure: No such file or directory. Do I need to create an ext folder in the php5 folder, or somewhere else? Why wouldn't there be one on my Mac?

I'm running PHP 5.6.2 and the most recent version of MagicWand, which appears to be 1.0.8. As far as I can tell, ImageMagick is version 6.8.9.

Thanks.
Bonzo

Re: Trouble installing MagickWand on OS X Yosemite

Post by Bonzo »

Out of interest I do not use MagickWand with php - I use command line with exec() - see my signature for examples - I find it a lot simpler.

There is a API called Imagick built into later versions of php but it is not very well supported and can be a pain to install.

So unless you really want to use MagickWand I would give command line with exec() a go. If you are letting every Tom, Dick and Harry upload files make sure you validate the upload files.
drummer54
Authentication code: 6789

Re: Trouble installing MagickWand on OS X Yosemite

Post by drummer54 »

I've been instructed to use this to replace a commercial product that we currently use to convert client documents that are emailed to us. The product we use now is a .Net library of functions and we are moving away from Windows and commercial software. I don't have a lot of choice in the matter.
Bonzo wrote:Out of interest I do not use MagickWand with php - I use command line with exec() - see my signature for examples - I find it a lot simpler.

There is a API called Imagick built into later versions of php but it is not very well supported and can be a pain to install.

So unless you really want to use MagickWand I would give command line with exec() a go. If you are letting every Tom, Dick and Harry upload files make sure you validate the upload files.