I want to marry Imagemagick

Post here to shower the ImageMagick developers with praise or discuss how you could have done a better job if you developed ImageMagick. Or talk about how Photoshop is better than ImageMagick. Even complain about how no one answered your postings in the Users forum. Venting and musings welcomed here.
ash
Authentication code: 13

I want to marry Imagemagick

Post by ash »

I'm a neuroscientist who deals with lots of brain scans, graphs, and tables. Sometimes that means hundreds of images at a time, or at least a few dozen. I found Imagemagick because I got sick of manually resizing, cropping, and montaging my own files. It took ages, it was imprecise, and it wasn't reproducible. If I wanted to change a graph, I had to remake entire figures and slides -- or settle for an amateurish job.

I *love* Imagemagick! A little bit of shell scripting and now I can automatically generate perfect montage images, convert to and from PDF, and generally munge my pictures however I like. It's just too brilliant for words. Thanks for the huge amount of effort you've all put in, and I want to especially thank you for documenting the interface so clearly.