Left IT field for a few years, now mogrify doesn't work in my scripts

Post here to shower the ImageMagick developers with praise or discuss how you could have done a better job if you developed ImageMagick. Or talk about how Photoshop is better than ImageMagick. Even complain about how no one answered your postings in the Users forum. Venting and musings welcomed here.
sshrum
Authentication code: 1152

Left IT field for a few years, now mogrify doesn't work in my scripts

Post by sshrum »

I've been out of the game a bit but when I was in it I was a top notch script kiddie.

Now, I download the latest builds and I'm smacked in the face with a ton of apperror nonesense when trying to do simple jpg -resize operations with mogrify.

I was trying to update my scripts to introduce -watermarks but that command isn't recognized even thro it's in the help pages.

Now I'm finding a page that say I have to use "magick mogrify" calls? but I can still find mogrify.exe in the Imagemagick folder.

What happened. These apps used to be so much nicer and fun to use.

Unfortunately, I'm getting errors on older versions so I'm wondering if the problem is elsewhere

Windows 10, latest AND 5.5.7 Imagemagicks windows builds (not a compiling kinda a guy), Nikon generated jpgs

Maybe not a rant....something must be f-ed up cause everything I try with imagemagick is returning errors

Help!
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Left IT field for a few years, now mogrify doesn't work in my scripts

Post by snibgo »

sshrum wrote:Windows 10, latest AND 5.5.7 Imagemagicks windows builds ...
What version IM do you now have? I doubt it is v5.5.7. More likely v7 point something.

There are many differences between v6 and v7. If you are accustomed to v6, and don't want to spend time learning about v7, I suggest you remove v7, and install the latest v6.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com