cannot convert Photoshop 9.0 16bit multilayer

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

We're been working on the PSD coder module the last few days. We'll try to add a patch to support your image. We can't guarentee we will fix the problem since the Photoshop image format is difficult to support. It would be helpful if you could send us the format specification from Adobe. We are currently relying on the Graphics File Formats book which is far from complete.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

We don't do non-compete forms so I guess we will be unable to help you with your problem. A non-compete could very well prevent us from open-sourcing any enhancements to the PSD support within ImageMagick.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Only if Adobe agreed with your proposal. Its possible Adobe may not mind ImageMagick properly supporting PSD-- ask them and see what they say.
stallion

I got things to work by changing to 8 bits

Post by stallion »

Maybe you have a reason why you cant but it worked for me and I dont see a difference in the image.