ImageMagickObject no more supported?

ImageMagickObject is a Windows COM+ interface to ImageMagick. COM+, Visual Basic, and Delphi users should post to this discussion group.
GiuseppeA
Authentication code: 6789

ImageMagickObject no more supported?

Post by GiuseppeA »

Hello everybody,
starting form binary version 6.8 (64 or 32, 8 or 16bit) the ImageMagickObject fails with the error number '-2147215503' even in test scripts supplied with the installation (ArrayTest.vbs and SimpleTest.vbs). Have you dropped support for this item?

Thanks for Reply.

Giuseppe.
spieler

Re: ImageMagickObject no more supported?

Post by spieler »

I am having the same problem. I have an older version 6.8.4 that still works fine, but my 6.9.0 is broken. I've tried all my usual tricks and it's just not working.

For 64 bit OS, I install the 32 bit version. Running VB6, it works fine. For running VBScript instead of simply double-clicking, I run it using c:\windows\syswow64\wscript.exe which is the 32 bit version of the executable which is necessary to access 32 bit com objects. With the older version, this works, but for newer versions, it does not.

Thanks,
Gary
dlemstra
Authentication code: 6789

Re: ImageMagickObject no more supported?

Post by dlemstra »

I am currently working on refactoring the configure.exe program. The ImageMagickObject COM libary is not part of the solution that gets created by this program but I think it should be. And that might explain why it is not working now.
.NET + ImageMagick = Magick.NET https://github.com/dlemstra/Magick.NET, @MagickNET, Donate