How to ignore the .db file?

ImageMagickObject is a Windows COM+ interface to ImageMagick. COM+, Visual Basic, and Delphi users should post to this discussion group.
holden
Authentication code: 6789

How to ignore the .db file?

Post by holden »

I have a bit of code that checks images for colorspace, but it always errors out before finishing a job because it wants to process the thunmbs.db file that windows generates whenever images are added to a folder. There is an option in windows not to create the thumb file, but it seems flaky at best (I think this is the stumbling block, there is no way to see this file, even when showing hidden, but IM always does).

Is there an IM or VBS way around this?
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: How to ignore the .db file?

Post by snibgo »

What code loops through the files? If you are using mogrify, I don't think there s a way to exclude particular files. You could delete thumbs.db at the start. If you do one convert per file, you could check the filename first, or check for an error after.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
holden
Authentication code: 6789

Re: How to ignore the .db file?

Post by holden »

I am using convert and identify as my main commands. So far I found an ugly solution, but it seems to work: putting "On Error Resume Next" in the beginning of the asp file, which passes the thumbs.db file.

Supposedly in vbscript you can exclude files, but the code I found wasn't working. I did get an in string command to work while checking profile info, maybe I can fudge that bit of code to ignore the db.