building ImageMagick source with cygwin and mingw

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
ravindra
Authentication code: 6789

building ImageMagick source with cygwin and mingw

Post by ravindra »

Hi,
I am trying to build ImageMagick source on windows with the help of cygwin and mingw. I have taken the source available for Unix.It is failing in make step.
Here are the configuration options that I have selected:
  • ./configure --prefix=/home/canvera/imageMagick/ --enable-shared --disable-static --enable-delegate-build CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/include' LDFLAGS='-L/lib' -disable-dependency-tracking --without-wmf --disable-openmp
It gives the following error in make step:
  • *** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive /home/canvera/ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/magick/libMagickCore-6.Q16.la.
    *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
    *** you link to this library. But I can only do this if you have a
    *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
    Magick++/lib/.libs/Blob.o: In function `Magick::Blob::base64()':
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/Blob.cpp:105: undefined reference to `__imp_Base64Encode'
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/Blob.cpp:110: undefined reference to `__imp_RelinquishMagickMemory'
    Magick++/lib/.libs/Blob.o: In function `Magick::Blob::base64(std::string)':
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/Blob.cpp:86: undefined reference to `__imp_Base64Decode'
    Magick++/lib/.libs/BlobRef.o: In function `Magick::BlobRef::~BlobRef()':
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/BlobRef.cpp:41: undefined reference to `__imp_RelinquishMagickMemory'
    Magick++/lib/.libs/CoderInfo.o: In function `Magick::CoderInfo::CoderInfo(std::string const&)':
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/CoderInfo.cpp:51: undefined reference to `__imp_GetExceptionInfo'
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/CoderInfo.cpp:52: undefined reference to `__imp_GetMagickInfo'
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/CoderInfo.cpp:54: undefined reference to `__imp_DestroyExceptionInfo'
    Magick++/lib/.libs/CoderInfo.o: In function `Magick::CoderInfo::unregister() const':
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/CoderInfo.cpp:121: undefined reference to `__imp_UnregisterMagickInfo'
    Magick++/lib/.libs/Color.o: In function `Magick::Color::operator=(std::string const&)':
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/Color.cpp:181: undefined reference to `__imp_GetExceptionInfo'
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/Color.cpp:182: undefined reference to `__imp_QueryColorDatabase'
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/Color.cpp:199: undefined reference to `__imp_DestroyExceptionInfo'
    Magick++/lib/.libs/Color.o: In function `Magick::Color::operator std::string() const':
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/Color.cpp:222: undefined reference to `__imp_GetColorTuple'
    Magick++/lib/.libs/Color.o: In function `Magick::ColorHSL::ColorHSL(double, double, double)':
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/Color.cpp:322: undefined reference to `__imp_ConvertHSLToRGB'
    Magick++/lib/.libs/Color.o: In function `Magick::ColorHSL::hue(double)':
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/Color.cpp:353: undefined reference to `__imp_ConvertRGBToHSL'
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/Color.cpp:357: undefined reference to `__imp_ConvertHSLToRGB'
    Magick++/lib/.libs/Color.o: In function `Magick::ColorHSL::hue() const':
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/Color.cpp:372: undefined reference to `__imp_ConvertRGBToHSL'
    Magick++/lib/.libs/Color.o: In function `Magick::ColorHSL::luminosity(double)':
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/Color.cpp:390: undefined reference to `__imp_ConvertRGBToHSL'
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/Color.cpp:394: undefined reference to `__imp_ConvertHSLToRGB'
    Magick++/lib/.libs/Color.o: In function `Magick::ColorHSL::luminosity() const':
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/Color.cpp:409: undefined reference to `__imp_ConvertRGBToHSL'
    Magick++/lib/.libs/Color.o: In function `Magick::ColorHSL::saturation(double)':
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/Color.cpp:427: undefined reference to `__imp_ConvertRGBToHSL'
    C:\cygwin64\home\canvera\ImageMagick-6.8.8-7/Magick++/lib/Color.cpp:431: undefined reference to `__imp_ConvertHSLToRGB'
and many more errors...

Can anyone help me out to resolve the issue? Thanks in advance.
magick
Site Admin

Re: building ImageMagick source with cygwin and mingw

Post by magick »

We tried your configure script command-line with ImageMagick 6.8.8-8, the current release, under CYGWIN64 and it compiled and ran without complaint. We're not sure why its failing for you.
ravindra
Authentication code: 6789

Re: building ImageMagick source with cygwin and mingw

Post by ravindra »

Do these undefined references belong to imageMagick lib? which mingw version have you used?