Installation to shared network folder

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
michal
Authentication code: 1151

Installation to shared network folder

Post by michal »

Hi All !
I need some advice on non-standard installation.

I'm writing a python script using image magick. It's working OK on my machine, but now I'd like to distribute it to other users in office.
If I run the script on onther computers I get errors like this:

Code: Select all

magick.exe: unable to open image 'xc:black': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2695.
magick.exe: no decode delegate for this image format `' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/508.
magick.exe: no image to apply a property "%w" @ warning/property.c/GetMagickPropertyLetter/2550.
magick.exe: unknown image property "%w" @ warning/property.c/InterpretImageProperties/3488.
magick.exe: no image to apply a property "%h" @ warning/property.c/GetMagickPropertyLetter/2438.
magick.exe: unknown image property "%h" @ warning/property.c/InterpretImageProperties/3488.
magick.exe: no image to apply a property "%m" @ warning/property.c/GetMagickPropertyLetter/2469.
magick.exe: unknown image property "%m" @ warning/property.c/InterpretImageProperties/3488.
and more...

Here are some facts:
1. my script works on my machine (windows7).
2. I Installed imagick locally from .exe installator, however I don't see any paths in PATH envvar. Also I don't have MAGICK_HOME envvar
3. I copied C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.3-Q16 to a network drive and inside my python script I set envvars like this:

os.environ['PATH'] = '//hal/Apps/ImageMagick/nt64/7.0.3;' + os.environ['PATH']
os.environ['MAGICK_HOME'] = '//hal/Apps/ImageMagick/nt64/7.0.3/modules/coders'
4. I use full paths to magick.exe
5. error from first line is for this command (executed from python script):

//hal/Apps/ImageMagick/nt64/7.0.3/magick.exe -size 1020x204 xc:black //fs2/Projects/test.jpg
I'd like to avoid manually installing imagemagick on each machine. Is there any method to have it setup with just envvars ?

thanks !
-michal
snibgo

Re: Installation to shared network folder

Post by snibgo »

michal wrote://hal/Apps/ImageMagick/nt64/7.0.3/magick.exe -size 1020x204 xc:black //fs2/Projects/test.jpg
"magick" is clearly running, because you get an error message from it. IM's error messages sometimes refer to the part of the command before the part that caused the error. So perhaps the output file is the problem.

I suggest you try the output without the node, eg :
michal wrote://hal/Apps/ImageMagick/nt64/7.0.3/magick.exe -size 1020x204 xc:black test.jpg
If that works, then that's the problem. But a solution? You may find that quoting the output filename works. But perhaps IM sees the leading "//" and thinks they are wrong, hence the error.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
michal

Post by michal »

Hey snibgo, thanks for answering !
I'm afraid this is not the case.
1. my machine works with // slashes
2. checking your suggestion (magick.exe -size 1020x204 xc:black test.jpg) does not work
3. installing IM from .exe installer fixes all issues..

so this must be installation problem

thanks, and have a nice day
snibgo

Post by snibgo »

You are using a portable version, I suppose?
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
michal

Post by michal »

snibgo wrote:You are using a portable version, I suppose?
:O now I do, and all works great.
thanks !