Unicode in .NET

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
lavige777

Unicode in .NET

Post by lavige777 »

I use MagickNet library.
I need to draw arabic and russian text. Programming language is C#. I enter text to TextBox control (text stores as unicode) and then try to draw it, but it draws just '????'. If I enter russian leters in TextBox then I recieve wrong letters.
A try to set property myTextImage.TextEncoding = "UTF-8" and "UTF-16", but nothing changes.
Tell me please how to draw right russian and arabic letters.
Thank you
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: Unicode in .NET

Post by anthony »

You also have to use a font that has the Unicode characters you want.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/
lavige777

Post by lavige777 »

anthony wrote: You also have to use a font that has the Unicode characters you want.

I use Arial font which contains arabic chars. How can I display text using MagickNet. I can do it from command line in bellow method: save unicode text in file in UTF-8 encoding and then read text from this file.
In my .NET application I have unicode string with arabic chars. How can I display this text?
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Post by anthony »

Sorry beyond what I have given, I have no knowledge of MagicNet or .NET.

Hopfully someone else can help.
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/
lavige777

Post by lavige777 »

anthony wrote: Sorry beyond what I have given, I have no knowledge of MagicNet or .NET.

Hopfully someone else can help.

10x for your help, now I combine some modification do via command line and others via MagickNet, but in future I want do all with using just .Net library. Unfortunately there is few documentation and examples about MagickNet function.