config location

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
gregory
Authentication code: 8675309

config location

Post by gregory »

Hi,

I've updated IM from 6.6.6 to 6.7.1. After that I tried to modify policy.xml file but didn't find it.
The old one was located at "/usr/local/lib/ImageMagick-6.6.6/config" but there is no "config" folder at "/usr/local/lib/ImageMagick-6.7.1/config" at all.
I copied old "config" folder to "/usr/local/lib/ImageMagick-6.7.1" folder but don't know if it's okay. At least configure.xml has an old data about IM version, etc.
Where I can find policy.xml for IM 6.7.1? Or it's okay to copy the old config files from 6.6.6 to 6.7.1 folder?

Thanks for help and advices.

Greg.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: config location

Post by fmw42 »

try this:

find /usr | grep "policy.xml"

/usr/local/etc/ImageMagick/policy.xml
/usr/local/share/doc/ImageMagick-6.7.1/www/source/policy.xml
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: config location

Post by anthony »

Due to requirements by Ubuntu package management, specifically where things should be placed in the filesystem, many 'system dependant' configuration files was moved to /etc instead of /usr/lib.

For example
/etc/ImageMagick/type.xml
/etc/ImageMagick/delegates.xml
/etc/ImageMagick/colors.xml

You can however still add to these configuration files by creating your own in your personal ".magick" sub-directory of your home. I do this all the time for the font "type.xml" file and even the "delegate.xml"
file.

See my font type generation script
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/script ... k_type_gen
which has includes some notes about creating a personal "type.xml" file
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/