Building ImageMagick from source on Windows

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
woogoo

Building ImageMagick from source on Windows

Post by woogoo »

Hi,

I've read various documents including this http://www.imagemagick.org/script/advan ... lation.php but I can't find any of the items referenced in it. And when I try to execute the configure found in the IM root directory I'm informed that it is not a recognised command.

Environment Windows Vista x64, Visual Studio 2008 with Intel Compiler 11.1.54.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
jpiquemal

Re: Building ImageMagick from source on Windows

Post by jpiquemal »

Hello

1. open configure.vcproj (VC8) or configure.dsw (VC6) they are in visualmagick\configure
2. compile and run
3. open the .dsw that has been created in visualmagick and compile
woogoo

Post by woogoo »

Hi,

Well this is my point, I don't have this directory in my source taken from here.

ftp://ftp.imagemagick.org/pub/ImageMagi ... .5.9-0.zip

And if I have to build something to create it I can't see where or how to do this in the documentation provided.

--
Thanks.
el_supremo

Post by el_supremo »

Use this one:
ftp://ftp.imagemagick.org/pub/ImageMagi ... .5.9-0.zip

It is much bigger than the one you have and the directory you need is in ImageMagick-6.5.9\VisualMagick\configure

Pete
Sorry, my ISP shutdown all personal webspace so my MagickWand Examples in C is offline.
See my message in this topic for a link to a zip of all the files.
woogoo

Post by woogoo »

Hi Pete.

This has worked for me compiled and built Static MT Libs using the Intel Compiler.
:D
Thank you.
--
Me